Do you have questions? We’ve got answers!
Women have never needed an excuse to get together, but if ever there was one, it’s this.
You and your friends will be joining thousands of women all over Australia, getting together to have a great time, and playing a crucial part in helping Cancer Council beat women’s cancers.
You can hold your Girls' Night In event any time during October.
The funds raised from Cancer Council's Girls' Night In will help Cancer Council continue its vital work in cancer research, prevention and support services. Cancer Council is the largest independent funder of cancer research in Australia. In 2015, research grants through Cancer Councils totalled more than $70.5 million. We also advocate for the rights of cancer patients for best treatment and supportive care, and provide information and support for anyone affected by cancer. As a charity, we rely on the generosity of supporters like you to really make a difference. See more about how your money helps.
You can show support by:
- Hosting a Girls' Night In of your own to raise funds for Cancer Council.
- Donate to someone else's event either by giving them a cash or cheque donation, or donating online via their personal fundraising page, using your credit card or PayPal. If you don't have the link to their personal event page, you can search for it on our site.
- Donate directly to Cancer Council on this website.
If you need any further assistance on how to bank your Girl’s Night In Funds please contact our friendly support team on 1300 65 65 85.
Planning a Girls' Night In
Simply click Register and then follow the prompts, or call our Events Hotline on 1300 65 65 85.
When you register online you will create a username and password that provides access to your own personal fundraising hub. It’s a great way of keeping track of your donations, inviting people to donate and tracking your progress.
Pick a date, time and venue for your event and invite your guests. You can invite guests by sending an email from your personal fundraising hub if you like, including a link to your personal online fundraising page where your guests can make online donations. See more tips and tricks for organising your event.
When you register as a Girls' Night In host, we’ll send you a complimentary host kit which is packed with everything you need including ideas, tips and promotional materials to use at your event such as posters, decorations, and banking forms. If you need additional materials you can download them here.
We have recipes available to download and tips on how to make the most of your personal event page in our.
And don’t forget you can always call us on 1300 65 65 85 if you have any other questions.
We will begin sending out host kits at the beginning of September. You should receive your kit within five working days of registering. If you have still not received your host kit in the mail by this time, then please contact us or call our events hotline on 1300 65 65 85.
You can download extra host materials from the downloads section of this website.
There are a few easy ways you can collect donations from your guests:
- When you register, you’re given access to your personal online fundraising page. You can send your guests a link to this page and ask them to make an online donation either before or after your event. It’s really easy to do, especially as donations can be made from a mobile phone, tablet or computer.
- Set up a donation box at your event and ask for cash donations or charge an entry fee to your event.
- Raffles and auctions - ask your guests to donate items or services.
We recommend asking for donations prior to holding your Girls' Night In, as well as on the day of your event. However you decide to approach your fundraising, make sure that it is easy for people to donate. See our fundraising tips on ways that people can easily donate to your event.
Yes – our website is hosted by FrontStream, a North American technology company specialising in the development of online fundraising websites for non-profit and community organisations. FrontStream have successfully developed and utilised this technology for over 200 organisations around the world.
Every payment made on our online fundraising system is fully secured, using high-level encryption technology – the same standard most Australian banks use for their internet banking. The site uses 128 bit SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) between your browser and our website, with 1024 bit java encryption between our website and the Australian Banking Network.
All visitors to our website are also given the option of completing their transactions with PayPal, which also uses industry-leading technology (such as SSL) to keep your information safe.
It's easy to pay in your funds. There are a few options:
- If you're using your online fundraising hub, you can use it to bank the money you've raised. See our using your fundraising page section on how to do this.
- You can simply follow the banking instructions on the return slip provided in your host kit.
- You can also bank your funds directly online, via our bank your funds page.
- Please call 1300 65 65 85 if you have further questions about banking your funds.
Online donations are automatically paid to Cancer Council. If you have cheque or cash donations after your event, include these in your fundraising tally or on your personal online fundraising page and pay them in via credit card or PayPal. If you have finished fundraising, it is important to bank the money that you have raised as soon as possible.
In appreciation of your fundraising efforts, we are giving away a fabulous prize. A relaxing getaway to Port Douglas, thanks to our friends at QT Hotels.
Deposit over $500 by Monday 14 November 2016, and you will automatically go in the draw to win:
• Two nights’ accommodation in a QT 1 Bedroom Villa at QT Port Douglas, including breakfast at Bazaar Interactive Marketplace.
• Return economy flights for two from any Australian state/territory capital city to Cairns.
• $500 voucher redeemable at QT Port Douglas.
Check out this year's early banking competition for more.
Donations of $2.00 or more are tax deductible. As a host, you can provide your guests with automatic tax receipts for cash donations via your online fundraising hub. Login, click on the “My Fundraising” button and select the “Bank your funds” tab. You will need to know your guest’s full name, email address, postal address and donation amount in order to generate a tax deductible receipt. They will receive their receipt via email, once you pay in their funds on their behalf via PayPal or Credit Card.
If your donor doesn’t have an email address, you can have the receipt sent to your own email address, then print it out and pass the receipt to them.
If you’d rather not do it online, complete the Receipt Request Form in your Host Kit. Send this form to Cancer Council with your funds, and we will issue tax receipts to each of your listed donors’ email addresses.
As an individual attending an event, if you’d like a receipt for your cash donation, just ask your host for a Receipt Request Form to fill out.
Don’t worry if you lose a tax receipt – we’re happy to provide you with another. Please provide us with the details of who you donated to, your full name, address, email address and donation amount. You can do this via our Contact Us page or by calling our events hotline on 1300 65 65 85.
Of course! Friends and family overseas can easily donate to your personal event page. Just make sure they select their country FIRST when they're entering their address details so that our system will accept a non-Australian address. Your online donors will still receive a receipt via email but they'll need to check with their financial advisor about whether their donation is tax-deductible if they live outside Australia.
No, there is no minimum donation, however please note that only donations over $2.00 are tax deductible.
If you have provided a valid email address when making an online donation, you will receive a confirmation and tax receipt via email shortly after you complete your donation. Please contact us on 1300 65 65 85 if you experience any issues.
Our online fundraising system accepts PayPal and most major credit cards (this varies slightly by state and territory - call 1300 65 65 85 for more information).
Yes, when making an online donation, don’t tick the option that gives permission for your name to be displayed. The amount you donate will still show up on the web page of the person you are supporting but instead of your name next to it, it will say ‘Anonymous’.
You can also make a general donation to Cancer Council by clicking on the ‘Donate’ button on the home page.
The law sets out the minimum age at which children can organise fundraising activities such as this, and this varies between states and territories. If you are under 16 and are unsure of the law in your state or territory, contact 1300 65 65 85. If you are under the minimum fundraising age, you can organise the event together with your parent or guardian – contact us on 1300 65 65 85 for more information.
There are several ways you can bank your Girl’s Night In funds both online and through
- Bank online using your fundraising page. Simply login to your online fundraising page, select the ‘Pay in funds’ tab and choose to bank individual donations or a lump sum donation.
- Pay in funds via BPAY using your own banks online banking site. Please ensure to use the BPAY biller and reference codes outlined in your Host Kit. If you’re unsure of your BPAY biller and reference codes please contact our team on 1300 65 65 85.
- Deposit your funds at your local ANZ bank. Please ensure to use the deposit slip in your Host Kit. If you have misplaced this please contact us on 1300 65 65 85.
- Fill in the banking form in your Host Kit and choose populate the credit card detail fields as your preferred banking option. Send this form back to the reply paid address: (insert state specific addresses)
- Fill the banking form in your Host Kit and populate the cheque fields as your preferred banking option. Send both the cheque and banking form back to the reply paid address (insert state specific addresses). Please make all cheques payable to (insert state specific titles)
Your Personal Event Page
Your online fundraising hub is your own website where you can easily manage your fundraising and make it easy for your guests to donate. You can personalise your page with your own story, the date and time of your Girls' Night In, and photos and videos if you like. You can use it to invite guests, collect donations and thank your donors. It makes it easy to track your progress and keep everything in one place.
When you register, you’ll receive a confirmation email with a link to your own personal event page. You can also see a link to your page after you sign in, by clicking on the ‘My Fundraising’ button.
To upload a photo or video if you’re on your tablet or computer, log into your personal event page using the username and password you created when you registered. Click the ‘My Fundraising’ button and scroll down to the ‘image and videos’ section. You can then click the ‘Add video’ or ‘Add image’ buttons.
You can send an email asking people to attend your morning tea or to make a donation by logging into your personal page using the username and password you created when you registered.
Then select the ‘Send out invites’ button and follow the prompts.
Yes. Log in, then from your desktop or tablet select the ‘My Fundraising’ button and select the ‘Bank your funds’ tab on the left hand menu. You can enter cash and cheque donations from your event. These donations will be added to your fundraising total on your personal event page, to help you reach your fundraising goal sooner. You can then pay in those cash and cheque donations to Cancer Council using PayPal or a credit card.
You can also pay in your cash funds to provide a tax deductible receipt to each of your donors. See the FAQ Does Cancer Council provide tax receipts for donations?
Via your tablet or desktop computer, you can send an email to all your donors in one go, or thank them as the donations come in, by logging onto your personal event page and clicking ‘Thank donors’.
If you have forgotten your username or password, click on the ‘Forgot your username and password?’ Link on the login page. You will be directed to another page to enter your email address and receive an email to reset your password.
You can also change your password at any time by logging into your account using your username and password, then click on the ‘Event details’ tab and then ‘Change password’.
You can call the events hotline directly on 1300 65 65 85.